EMBRACE GRANT APPLICATION
Welcome to the EMBRACE Grant Application Page. The Mission of EMBRACE is to provide children with special needs the opportunity for an inclusive Catholic education by providing resources to support these children in their home parish school.
A successful grant applicant will show a desire to use the funding to assist in improving the services being provided to the current student population and to develop a plan to welcome all learners and successfully meet each learner’s needs. It will be important to state how you will track your progress and areas of needed improvements throughout your grant years. We would like to see the applicant’s desire to make positive changes, both in their school and the Catholic community at large, through mentoring and collaboration with other local Kansas Catholic schools.
We are looking forward to working with you to equip and engage our Catholic community to EMBRACE all learners.
Grant Eligibility Requirements:
The school is a member of the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas.
The school is located in Johnson or Wyandotte County.
If the school receives the grant, they are willing to do the following:
a. hire a certified professional in their field (such as a speech and language pathologist, special education teacher, occupational therapist, gifted instructor, social skill coach, instructional coach or physical therapist) or obtain research-backed curriculum/materials to accommodate and/or modify the curriculum to better include all learners.
b. allow a link on their website directing parents, teachers and students to surveys created to gauge grant effectiveness.
c. commit to hosting a community information night and/or awareness event for EMBRACE during the 2019-2020 school year and supporting EMBRACE’s fundraising events.
d. distribute one general communication provided by EMBRACE to all parishioners and school families to help educate the community on the mission and role of EMBRACE.
e. allow EMBRACE to post community events and fundraisers in the school newsletter and/or parish bulletins.
f. provide progress reports (see Progress Report Form).
Grant Application Process:
Eligible applicants will submit electronically the Grant Intent to Apply Form. Grant awards will be determined at the sole discretion of EMBRACE based on the eligibility requirements, the merit of the application when compared with the review criteria, and the availability of funds.
• Nov. 1, 2018: Deadline to submit Grant Intent to Apply Form - Closed for 2018
• Dec. 15, 2018: Deadline to submit Grant Application
• March 1, 2019: All applicants will be notified of grant decisions
• April 2019: Grantees will be honored at EMBRACE Day
Please note that all grant recipients will be required to submit the Progress Report Form three times a year of how grant funds impact student progress.
The Grant Application
All applications must include the following information:
1. School Information (Grant Form 1) Please gather the needed information prior to placing it in this electronic form. Once you hit submit, you will be unable to return to the form.
2. Project Narrative (Grant Form 2) The Project Narrative may not include any identifiable information. For example, please use School, City and Teacher rather than the actual school, city or teacher’s name. This section is assessed through a blind process.
The Project Narrative must be signed by or e-mailed back by a school administrator.
Application Review Process
1. Intent to Apply Screening:
A. The applicant is eligible and continues on to the grant process. Applicant will be informed if there is a possibility of partnering with a nearby school based on similar requests.
B. The applicant is ineligible because they do not meet the specifications set forth or the request is outside of EMBRACE’s mission and vision.
2. Grant Application Screening: A grant sub-committee, composed of members of the EMBRACE Board of Directors and professionals in the field, will complete a blind evaluation of each application. This evaluation will include written comments, a group discussion, input from the Archdiocese of Kansas City, KS, and a scored rubric. A representative from the grant sub-committee will compile his or her information and present it to the EMBRACE Board. The EMBRACE Board will review and consider the recommendations and selections of the grant sub-committee to ensure conformity to the process and to funding priorities. The EMBRACE Board will, by majority vote, determine whether or not to accept the award recommendations of the grant sub-committee. The EMBRACE Board may, in its sole discretion, make additional or different award determinations than those recommended by the grant sub-committee. The EMBRACE Board may also require a site visit or request additional or supplemental information and materials to make their award determination.
3. Notification of Grant Awards: Applicants will receive notification of EMBRACE’s decision by March 1st, 2019.
The grant application process is closed for the 2018-2019 school year.
Additional resources for completing the grant application:
School Information (Grant Form 1 - Pdf version):
Smart Goal Process:
Smart Goal Examples:
Grant Progress Report: